Week of March 24

trkyburns, ryanwhit, goblr77, MVest
trkyburns
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Re: Week of March 24

Post by trkyburns » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 am

ryanwhit wrote:Nice work 77!! that's a good bird! I haven't been to the woods since me and Kevin went. I came home and got sick, then the rest of the fam got sick. a 5 month old and a 22 month old sick at the same time is not fun!! Gonna be back at it later in the week though...I got some catching up to do!
Man I hate it that you are still dealing with that. I know how rough it is to have a house full of sick ones.
I figured you were still dealing with that since I haven't gotten any early morning texts from you of birds with mangled or missing heads! Look at it this way, you are batting 1000 right now.
"... a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon..." - Hemingway

ryanwhit
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Hopefully a turkey

Post by ryanwhit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:19 pm

trkyburns wrote:
ryanwhit wrote:Nice work 77!! that's a good bird! I haven't been to the woods since me and Kevin went. I came home and got sick, then the rest of the fam got sick. a 5 month old and a 22 month old sick at the same time is not fun!! Gonna be back at it later in the week though...I got some catching up to do!
Man I hate it that you are still dealing with that. I know how rough it is to have a house full of sick ones.
I figured you were still dealing with that since I haven't gotten any early morning texts from you of birds with mangled or missing heads! Look at it this way, you are batting 1000 right now.

Yeah, it's been sucky! David's fever got up to almost 103 yesterday afternoon, but broke during the night, and he's felt great all day. I think he's on the upswing now. Rachael is still congested, but she never got a fever. Hopefully she's on the mend too. I'll be up your way tomorrow afternoon.
"All turkey hunters I know use dirty words regularly - sometimes to one another." - Tom Kelly

trkyburns
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Post by trkyburns » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 am

Bird down. Looks to be a 5 pointer but I will have to wait to put the tape on the beard to be sure.

ryanwhit

Post by ryanwhit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 am

trkyburns wrote:Bird down. Looks to be a 5 pointer but I will have to wait to put the tape on the beard to be sure.
Sweet!!
"All turkey hunters I know use dirty words regularly - sometimes to one another." - Tom Kelly

Grant
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Post by Grant » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 am

trkyburns wrote:Bird down. Looks to be a 5 pointer but I will have to wait to put the tape on the beard to be sure.
Congrats!
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

goblr77
While hunting I carry: A lot

Post by goblr77 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Good deal.
Joshua 24:15

ryanwhit

Post by ryanwhit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Killed a 5 pointer this morning. I've got all the pics, you guys decide if you want me to enter him.

Kevin, it was in the field where I shot the turkey's head off. I was walking to that corner where we met that trespasser, and he stepped out on the firebreak about 30 yards from the corner.

trkyburns

Post by trkyburns » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Awesome ryan! If I'm not mistaken, you are 2 for 2... still batting 1000! Might have been that same bird we saw the day that we ran into the trespasser.

Honestly, given my luck, I think we should enter my 5 pointer. As for yours, I'll leave that up to you because you still have 3 in GA to kill plus 3 more in AL if you're so inclined. Of course, I still have FL and could always pony up the dough for more AL hunting (not likely though). Any thoughts from Myles or Michael on this are welcomed.

On another note, good luck to Michael tomorrow in your TN opener! I know you are chomping at the bit!

goblr77

Post by goblr77 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 am

If you guys want to enter your birds it's fine with me. Whatever you want to do.

goblr77

Post by goblr77 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Got one this morning with bonus points for 10+" beard. Let me know if you want me to put him in.
Attachments
Turkey Pic Web Large.jpg
Date Close Up Web Large.jpg
Beard Pic.JPG

Return to “8 - Captains of Hook”