Man it's so close I can taste it

wmahunter, fredw, Hoppie, Toddmann
Hoppie
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Crow call, pouch of mouth calls, two slate with strikers, owl hoot, vest, pistol, 870 express. Oh and last but not least a roll of tp.

Man it's so close I can taste it

Post by Hoppie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Can not believe I have one day separating me from that awesome feeling of the first morning. Going to check out a lot of private farm land that has not been legally called on in years. Also a lady I know (family owns 5,000 acres in wilcox, pulaski, and crisp counties has asked me to come call her a bird and will get me access to the land for myself. This also does not get hunted. I don't know if I have been living right or what, but let's hope my luck getting land this year transfers over to results. Hopefully I will have some good stories soon.
Is it bad I don't take offense if someone calls me a bird brain.

Jamey
While hunting I carry: Mossy Super Bantam 20 ga.

Re: Man it's so close I can taste it

Post by Jamey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Whatever you have been doing to get all this land KEEP DOING IT!!!

I brushed in 2 spots today that have strut marks all around them in the sand! Headed in a few minutes to the church for the "wild game dinner". Realtree's David Blanton is the guest speaker.

Gonna get up early and listen at one more spot before probably not getting any sleep tomorrow night in anticipation of Saturday morning!!

Good luck team!

Jamey

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes it is almost here. I hope you guys have a great opener. Sure hope they gobble. Haven't been able to scout as much as I would like.

Hoppie
While hunting I carry: Crow call, pouch of mouth calls, two slate with strikers, owl hoot, vest, pistol, 870 express. Oh and last but not least a roll of tp.

Post by Hoppie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:03 pm

I really hope I can sleep tonight. Was going to roost one, but weather started getting hairy. Of course after I leave it clears up some. Don't expect me to get us on the board in the morning. I am calling for a friend and his dad, but you never know. Lots of birds, so maybe we can all get a piece. Happy hunting.
Is it bad I don't take offense if someone calls me a bird brain.

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Pretty much same story here.

Spent the week scouting and setting up "nests" in the right places for others to hunt and was going to roost one for me tonight but lightning was popping up till about 30 min before dark so I didn't get to do it.

I know there are plenty of them there but may have to work a little harder than I had planned to kill one.

Good thing is birds probably went to bed early tonight and hopefully will be loud and eager in the morning.

Good luck team!

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Well I have seen the same gobbler in the same place strutting @ 11:20 am yesterday & today. I got a good idea where to be tomorrow @ 11:20 am. Hope yall have a productive hunt tomorrow!

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm

My prediction is that Todd will kill a bird at 11:20 tomorrow.

Return to “13 - Beard Bandits”