4/13 6 pointer

wmahunter, fredw, Hoppie, Toddmann
Jamey
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Mossy Super Bantam 20 ga.

4/13 6 pointer

Post by Jamey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 am

Hunted this bird yesterday but he was across the river and wouldn't come across. The only ones that came were 3 jakes yesterday.

He was roosted in the same place today but came across with a hen and did his thing in a small food plot for a while before she headed back toward the river with him in tow...unfortunately for him I was between them and the river. :D

Thought he was only gonna make 5 points when I first stood on his head because he has a bad case of beard rot with most of the beard gone. The few long strands remaining just did make the 10" point though so that made me feel better about him.

He also only has 1 spur and it measures 1-1/8".
bird4pic1.jpg
bird4date.jpg
bird4beard.jpg
bird4onespur.jpg

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Re: 4/13 6 pointer

Post by mossyoakpro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 pm

What you gonna do now Jamey? Lots of season left for us here.

Nice bird!

Sent from my DROIDX
Colossians 3:17

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Leaving for New Mexico on Monday and then a few days after that trip we will be heading out on a turkey killin spree thru Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska!!!

After rescuing all those states from their marauding turkey flocks, I have a rookie who I will help hunt some if he wants to. I took him twice last week but we couldn't get the birds to cooperate.

Kinda hate to enter this bird with all the hunting still to come but I already held one 6 pointer and probably would not be smart to hold another...anyway, by entering him that will almost guarantee that I will kill some Midwest monsters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoppie
While hunting I carry: Crow call, pouch of mouth calls, two slate with strikers, owl hoot, vest, pistol, 870 express. Oh and last but not least a roll of tp.

Post by Hoppie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Good deal. Been a good season for you so far. Lot left to go for you with all those pretty tags from other states.
Is it bad I don't take offense if someone calls me a bird brain.

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Congrats on putting up 21 points for the bandits. Hope you and David have some great hunts up coming.

fredw
While hunting I carry: Browning Maxus

Post by fredw » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Jamey, way to go. Now go chase some of those western birds. Good luck to you!

Jamey

Post by Jamey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks guys, 1 more each for you and then we get to sit back and watch how the other teams do!!

Todd, I hope you get that one this evening that the trespassers ran off this morning.

Fred, yes there are birds in GA but they have been pretty tight lipped for the last few days...should bust back open pretty soon though.

Hoppie, with all the land you have to hunt I know you are gonna smash another head before it's over!

Good luck guys. I'll check in as I am able but not sure of the cell service out west where we will be.

Jamey

Return to “13 - Beard Bandits”