Birds Gone Silent.....

Cut n Run, combinea'comin, Spursshooternc, B-Ready
spurshooternc
I mostly hunt turkey in: All the States.....
While hunting I carry: I mostly hunt with a stick and string... I love the challenge of hunting with a bow. I do carry a gun now and then depending on the game I am hunting or the terrain I am hunting. I hunt several states with my bow and love to go after turkeys, deer, hogs with it.

Birds Gone Silent.....

Post by spurshooternc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Hey Guys,
I hope your luck is going better then mine ... I havent heard a bird in two weeks in NC... Are you guys stll hearing any sound off... Its like they are all done already... Good Luck if your area is still kicking... Mine is not.. Fuller
HAVE BOW WILL TRAVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mossy Oak Pro Staff Team Member

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Birds Gone Silent.....

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Tue May 01, 2012 5:04 am

Saturday and Sunday they hammered in the mornings and afternoons! They were still henned up in the mornings but if you catch them in the afternoon after 12:00, they were very willing to work! Yesterday on the Croatan I saw two hen alone and my Brother-In-Law watched one for two hours before dark! Hens are alone, just got to find the gobblers now! Also ran across a little nasty dude! Be careful! Tim
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Birds Gone Silent.....

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 am

Fuller....keep after them my friend. Silent or not, turkeys will still be turkeys. I know we all want that "show" , but as long as your season is in, keep trying. One might just fire up for you. Good luck.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

spurshooternc
I mostly hunt turkey in: All the States.....
While hunting I carry: I mostly hunt with a stick and string... I love the challenge of hunting with a bow. I do carry a gun now and then depending on the game I am hunting or the terrain I am hunting. I hunt several states with my bow and love to go after turkeys, deer, hogs with it.

Re: Birds Gone Silent.....

Post by spurshooternc » Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh I wont give up but the problem is on my hunting club there is not alot of turkeys and I have alot of so called turkey hunters who are locals so they are always pushing them and I fear that they might have pushed them off.. I only heard a few birds gobble before season and now I dont even see the sign.. Thats why I am looking for a new club to join with a good population.. I am also also looking to lease my own farm if I see alot of sign... Going this Friday to check it out.. Well good luck and I hope I dont ever run into one of those no shoulders or he will be no longer living....lol...
HAVE BOW WILL TRAVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mossy Oak Pro Staff Team Member

Return to “14 - Turkey Vultures”