Here we go !

timbrhuntr
I mostly hunt turkey in: Anywhere I can !
While hunting I carry: Everything I can !

Here we go !

Post by timbrhuntr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 am

Well talked to the farmer a couple months ago and he said yup again this year. Got the stands up a month ago. Now today is the bow opener so gonna head out and sit for a while and just enjoy being out hunting again ! :D

kygobbler
I mostly hunt turkey in: KY
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3
Willowridge tongue teaser

Re: Here we go !

Post by kygobbler » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 am

Good luck Tim, I hope you bag a good 'un. :D
Bryan

sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am

Good luck!

Been hot down here. Managed a sit or 2. Saturday looks like it will be nice though.
What? What?

timbrhuntr

Post by timbrhuntr » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:06 am

Beautiful night! In the low 60's , light wind and sunny. Had a nice 4 pointer,a spike buck and several does walk by. Unfortunately this year they drastically cut the tags for my area so I only have one a buck/doe tag. In years past I had 2 doe and a buck tag so I would shoot a doe and then hold out to wait for a nice buck but this year gonna just have to watch the does I guess until December. :(

Treerooster
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Central USA
While hunting I carry: As much knowledge about the bird as I can fit in my thick skull.

Post by Treerooster » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:06 am

I kinda like just sitting in a deer stand and watching stuff. I need a break from grouse hunting now & then. :D

Same thing in Wis where I hunt on the tag thing. Except where I am at we can't even shoot a doe with a bow or gun, just 1 buck. Use to get a doe tag or 2 with the regular archery tag and you could buy extra doe tags if you wanted. Last winter changed all though.

Good luck Tim and enjoy your time out there.
Savor the dawn

timbrhuntr

Post by timbrhuntr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 am

Thanks ! I will definitely enjoy it.

When I used to moose hunt we would go up before the season opened to set up camp. Usually the partridge, as we called them (ruffed grouse) season was open and it was a lot of fun walking the pine forest putting them up for a few days before the main hunt. Bonus was they also taste great !

As far as the cut tags I can understand them cutting the tags further north where they had a tough winter but I am in southern Ontario and we didn't get near the snow. I also haven't noticed any drop in the number of deer I see unlike some of the areas further north which they are seeing fewer deer. I think the MNR just blanket cut the tags everywhere to look like they are doing something. :roll:

Return to “Deer Hunting”