Hunting traditional days?

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Hunting traditional days?

Post by Cut N Run » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:09 am

Aside from regularly turkey hunting on Opening Day with my best friend, I always bowhunt on Halloween and have only missed going a couple of those days since I was 17 years old. Halloween is one of my favorite days to be in the woods. I used to duck hunt or deer hunt on Thanksgiving Day, but family obligations since I got married changed that. I like to deer hunt on my birthday (Dec. 18th) if I can arrange to get away from work.

I was wondering if any of you have regular places you hunt, or people you hunt with on special days? Just curious.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

ylpnfol
I mostly hunt turkey in: central virginia
While hunting I carry: too many things, that keep me from locating the one thing that i need at any given time.....and a turkey call

Re: Hunting traditional days?

Post by ylpnfol » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

The game dept. opened turkey hunting on thanksgiving, awhile back, I haven't missed a morning since they did, then it's table time with family and friends.....
You never know, unless you go

David

sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:17 pm

We still try to meet opening day of deer season at our club in Eastman. We have for the last 4 yrs. This yr my wife scheduled an awesome wedding shower for opening afternoon. So we missed it for that spectacular event.
What? What?

Grant
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Post by Grant » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:08 pm

The second weekend in November with my bro Ross in south ga rut
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah Buddy!!

Sent From My Talky Box

Return to “Deer Hunting”