Tough one to find...

Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Tough one to find...

Post by Toddmann » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Especially in this caliber! Been looking for one of these for quite some time. Now just need to decide on th scope and ammo before deer season arrives. Anyone else taking a new rifle in to the woods this up coming Fall?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Denny
While hunting I carry: Remington 870 SPST 12 guage, my Mossy Oak cushion and a field bag full of goodies.

Re: Tough one to find...

Post by Denny » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Nice pick-up Todd! I have a friend in Charlotte who set one up for popping prairie dogs at 1000 yards out west. Said they exploded like watermelons! Good shooting weapon!
Denny

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:00 am

Thanks Denny. This is the Ultralight model. I am gonna put a Leupold 2-7x33mm scope on it to keep it light and compact. Now I need to do some ammo research.

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:40 am

Still carrying ol Betsy this year. She is my beloved 13 year old encore 30.06. I would never utter the words "new rifle" near her wink wink.

Sent From My Talky Box

goblr77
While hunting I carry: A lot

Post by goblr77 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:23 pm

Nice rifle. I had two of them, one in .270 and the other in .223. First thing you'll want to do is replace the trigger on it. It's horrible and you can't adjust it. I put Dayton Traister triggers on mine. They're $60 and work great.
Joshua 24:15

Return to “Deer Hunting”