2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 634
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm
- I mostly hunt turkey in: GA, KY, and AL
- While hunting I carry: Woodhaven and Tom Teasers glass/slate and diaphragm calls, decoys, extra Hevi-13 #6 shells, and the Benelli Vinci!
- Location: Dallas, Ga (land of the cull bucks)
I started getting pictures of this buck in 2014. That year I figured him to be 2.5 years old. He got shot that year by a neighbor and had a big hole in his back which left a big scar for the next few years, making him easy to recognize. The next year (2015) he started putting on kickers and a nice droptine but still wasn't big enough or old enough to shoot. He broke his leg this same year somehow and had a major limp. His leg was permanently broke for the rest of his life and could barely walk, but he somehow survived. 2016 he blew up and put on a ton of trash with just a crazy looking rack, I guess due to the injuries. Then this year he actually went downhill and didn't get as big. If not for the scar and broken leg, he would've been almost unrecognizable due to his rack changes so much. I shot him November 5th but hit him too high in the back and the arrow just didn't go in very far and didn't kill him. Then finally on December 30th I was able to put him down and put an end to the 4 year wait.
- 180103_055958_358.jpeg (782.75 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
- 20171230_131736_1514661670794_1514684205292.jpg (979.83 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
- 20180103_093547_001.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 2162 times
- 20170819_142914_resized.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2162 times
- Posts: 1124
- Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am
- I mostly hunt turkey in: central virginia
- While hunting I carry: too many things, that keep me from locating the one thing that i need at any given time.....and a turkey call
very nice, freak he is, congrats.....
You never know, unless you go