4/4 Scout Trip

Grant, antnye, Combinea'comin, goblr77
combinea'comin
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3 12gauge, Cody Slate, Aluminum Pot,Woodhaven Mouth Calls

4/4 Scout Trip

Post by combinea'comin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 pm

This morning I went to a new 40 acre pine tract that I obtained permission to hunt back in deer season, I haven't scouted it until today but had an idea this could potentially be a honey hole based on the feathers and droppings I found under the trees in the fall.
This property borders a farm with lots of pasture land(working on the permission for that), I had a feeling they would roost close to the pasture side so I slipped just inside the woods around 7 a.m and to my delight heard 5 different birds sounding off.
I left there with a big grin and headed to another tract I hunt and watched 2 nice sized birds walk past a place I have harvested quite a few birds over the years.

I am pumped and ready to go, 4/13 can't get here quick enough....I get to take a buddy of mine's 11 yr old Saturday evening so maybe that will ease the pain of waiting on opening day.

PS
I don't have any video of today's scout trip because it was raining and sleeting all morning so I left the cam at home.
Malachi 4:5-6 My Brother WMB

antnye
I mostly hunt turkey in: NGeorgia

Re: 4/4 Scout Trip

Post by antnye » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 am

Good luck, maybe the young un can blast one!

Grant
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Re: 4/4 Scout Trip

Post by Grant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Good luck!
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

Return to “4 - Final Strut”