pre game chat

mtstephens18, ts602, boogerbranchbenelli, Shane
ts602
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Remington 870 12 gauge

Re: pre game chat

Post by ts602 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Shane Matt has killed a bird. I can't call nothing but jakes in. Called 2 in today. One was a jake at 20yds and the other one stayed 60yds out and i couldn't see it beard. To far to shoot any ways. Maybe next time.

ts602

Post by ts602 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Me and Matt went yesterday. We're unlocking the gate and they are hammering just around the curve. Drove to the top of the hill and get out and we hear 8 to 10 birds gobbling. We decide to go after the turkeys we heard at the gate. We got set up on top of the hill at their level,and luck would have it. They hit the ground,went down the hill. I called and they started up the hill and then they turned ,went to the club road and struted for about 45 mins.(2 adult gobblers) They go across the road, and we try to get in front of them. We get set up, call for a few minutes and here come 4 gobblers(all jakes). All I can say is with all the jakes we've called in this year, next year sould be awesome. :roll:

ts602

Post by ts602 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm

I went thursday and had one gobbling across a creek that I couldn't get across. Left him (still gobbling) and went to another spot, saw 2 hens. Hunted till about 4pm with no luck. Me and Matt went to Pigeon Mt. and then to our club yesterday and didn't hear a bird. Going to keep after them.

Return to “11 - Public Pursuit”