On the board

mtstephens18, ts602, boogerbranchbenelli, Shane
mtstephens18
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: rem. 870

Re: On the board

Post by mtstephens18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm

well i thought i was going to end my season today. nothing gobbled on roost, so I just started through the woods.. heard a hen yelping so I sat down and started calling to her. she got mad and we went at it for about 10 minutes solid... I thought I was gonna blow the reeds out of my diaphragm, but 2 started hammering. she flew straight to one of them... I tried to get back on them for a couple hours but they wouldnt talk. couple hours later, one starts gobbling in the same area, so I made a B-line. I dont know what he was doing, but he was gettin some gone. I was basically running through the woods, and every time I thought I was getting close, he would gobble about 2-300 yards in front of me. I couldnt catch him. but I saw his tracks where he crossed the dirt road and I knew where he was headed. then he starts hammering again. I swung out wide and tried to get ahead of him. then two more start gobbling. he would gobble, and they would gobble... they were hot for a while, and this was about 1 oclock. so I hit a pine thicket and got between the birds. he is still gobbling, but the other two on the hill shut up. I hear a stick break directly behind me in the pines.... I cut my eyes and sure enough, I can see 2 red heads straight behind me... Im in a bind, so I let them go on. once they get out of sight, I spin around the tree, and yelp. 3 red heads pop up over the hill at 30 yards! with the way they were gobbling, I thought for sure they were mature, so I almost started slingin lead, but I thought I better make sure...... good thing I did!! they all 3 top the hill, and all 3 are jakes.... so the big bird I chased all morning just went on, while I was fooling with jakes, and he never gobbled again

mtstephens18
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: rem. 870

Post by mtstephens18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Shane wrote:Good job team. Looks like the old guys on the team are sucking hind tit for now. It just takes us old guys longer to get warmed up, but we finish strong, LOL ;)
haha , I reckon dad is gonna have to tote his muzzleloader. he keeps having birds skirt him at 50-60 yards.. I think he needs to start slingin lead

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 pm

mtstephens18 wrote:
Shane wrote:Good job team. Looks like the old guys on the team are sucking hind tit for now. It just takes us old guys longer to get warmed up, but we finish strong, LOL ;)
haha , I reckon dad is gonna have to tote his muzzleloader. he keeps having birds skirt him at 50-60 yards.. I think he needs to start slingin lead
I agree! Tim, take the ML and sling some lead Buddy! Get off that hind tit! :lol:
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Return to “11 - Public Pursuit”