J Gilbert, shane@, Brock Herrington, Turkeykiller12
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm
- I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
- While hunting I carry: A lot plus a gun!
- Location: Georgia
I killed this bird last season. It was the biggest bird I got last year and ended up being the highest scoring turkey entered on the team I was on over on the old gobbler contest. I'm a little new to this scoring method, seems easy just wanted to make sure I got it right. The gobbler I killed was a mature bird so that's 5 points it had an 11 1/4" beard so that's 2 bonus points and it had 1 1/4" spurs so that's 2 bonus points. That would add up to be a 9 point bird. Is that right or am I missing something?
Just an ol' Spur Collector
- Posts: 265
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm
- I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
- While hunting I carry: 870 Youth 20ga, Limbhanger vest with Halloran pots and Tom Teasers diaphragms and Beard Hunter box calls
- Location: From Free Home, transplanted to Dunwoody
Yep, you've got it, just gotta make sure all the pictures are correct. I messed up on my pictures last year for a 9pt bird and ended up only getting 5 for him, would've placed my team in the money, 2nd or 3rd place I believe. I'm sure I'll be preaching more about the pictures before season comes in, I've definitely learned from my mistake last year and hope I can keep our team from doing the same thing I did.
Team NO COMPETITION