Here we go!

BgDadyBeardBustr, Gadget, gut_pile, turkeyed
sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Re: Here we go!

Post by sman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:11 pm

BgDadyBeardBustr wrote:Yes I did too! Possibly an 8 pointer! 8-)
I heard 9.

Sent from my Obama phone.
What? What?

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 pm

sman wrote:
BgDadyBeardBustr wrote:Yes I did too! Possibly an 8 pointer! 8-)
I heard 9.

Sent from my Obama phone.
You know us Sand Baggers don't tell everything! ;) When I last talked with him he did not know the true beard length! The spurs are 2 points though! Beard may be 2 points but we know it is at least a point! 8-) I was talking him through the pictures we needed! I tell y'all, Hollywood Slim is the turkey slayer that no one would ever think he was! I love my Buddy, Rick! I miss hunting with him! Might have to come to GA and let him guide me on my Turkey Farm! ;)
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 am

See how things just workout for the best. Bird gets DQ'd and he is now able to post up a muchhhh better bird. Congrats to Rick on a great bird for his team.

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 am

Toddmann wrote:See how things just workout for the best. Bird gets DQ'd and he is now able to post up a muchhhh better bird. Congrats to Rick on a great bird for his team.
Todd some times it works out better than you want it too! No doubt that the first bird Rick entered was more of a trophy for him than the second bird! He worked his tail off to get him! 10 days of hunting and not one gobble! I really do admire Rick cause he never gives up! Great guy as well! I miss getting to talk with him before Turkey season! I used to meet him down the street from my house when I lived in GA. We have sat and talked many times and compared mouth calls and how each one sounded. He even took me to his Turkey Farm and rode me around! The Man is a wealth of knowledge and I learned a lot just being around him. 8-)

I remember him offering me to use his lead sled to shoot a few rounds. I shot a few rounds in my different shotguns that I use for turkey hunting. We would look at them and he would tell me, You don't need to be shooting out past 30 yards with these guns and shell combos! :lol: He was right!!! I may have mamed a couple of birds that season but I also shot one at 68 yards and one at 45 yards! He said I just got lucky and one pellet did the job!!! :lol: If you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask Rick! He tells it like it is! That is why I admire him so much! Plus we have fun with the Hollywood Pro Staff thing! 8-)
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

I appoligize for not being very active on the forum guys, I'm just now reading this thread...lol.

Thanks so much for all the kind words Tim, we need to get together again sometime!

sent from my HTC EVO LTE on Tapatalk2

BgDadyBeardBustr

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Sounds good if I can get back down to visit, I will give you a call!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Return to “Team Hollywood”