Topper

Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Topper

Post by Toddmann » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:30 am

Found a 88 topper the other day for $60. For some reason I just love those single shots but do not have a 12ga single. Anyway, the case color on the receiver was perfect but the barrel and stocks had been painted multiple times. I decided to return it to its original look. Took a little more work than I thought it would but turned out great. Refinished the furniture and reblued the barrel. Another turkey killer ready for 2016.
Attachments
20151229_144950.jpg
20160107_235338-1.jpg

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Re: Topper

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:58 am

You did a good job Todd. It looks great.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

Denny
While hunting I carry: Remington 870 SPST 12 guage, my Mossy Oak cushion and a field bag full of goodies.

Post by Denny » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:37 am

Nice investment - you sure brought it back to life Todd. Good job.

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:57 am

I have a single from all my grandpas and grandpa in laws and even though they are to old to shoot safely, they are my favorite guns of all. Each one has great story's associated with it. One of the 12ga singles came from my wife's grandpa and its very long and has only Japanese letters on it. The hammer cocks from the side of the receiver. As he was walking off a navy destroyer ( uss English) at the end of ww2, there was a pile of captured jap rifles and machine guns as big as his house! The officers said every guy could take home one gun from the big pile. He said every body rushed for the machine guns and pistols but he had his eyes set on the only shotgun in the big pile! When it came his turn, he climbed that pile to get the shot gun and brought it home. He recalls the first and only time he shot that gun and he said that he weighed 120lbs soakin wet back then. He was standing in the back yard with his dad when he decided to try it out. He loaded a paper 12ga shell in the gun, got positioned and Yallopp! He said that the shotgun kicked like a mule, knocking him to the ground and the gun came apart into three pieces in his hands, stock, forearm and barrel! After he recovered, he asked his dad if he want to shoot it, dad said I ain't touching that dam thing. That was the last it ever was shot. Maybe I will tell some other time, how one of the 20ga singles was responsible for my grandpa getting his whole thumb blown off on Christmas Eve at 14 years old. Sorry for getting off on the story's! I like that new addition to your collection especially for 60 clams!

Sent From My Talky Box

sman
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Great job!
What? What?

gaswamp
While hunting I carry: as little as possible

Post by gaswamp » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:08 pm

how many single shots does that make now, Todd?

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:37 pm

gaswamp wrote:how many single shots does that make now, Todd?
Well let me count them Joe.
1. .410 Savage 220
2. .410 Yildiz
3. 28 ga Savage 220
3. 16 ga 94b
4. 12 ga H&R 88 Topper.

Just need to add a 20 ga (should kept that 220 :cry: ) and a 10 ga and I will be all set.

I also have a single shot blackpowder shotgun and I just added an Spr 310 O/U 20 ga to the line up as well that I plan on giving a homemade bottomland spray painting before the season begins.

goblr77
While hunting I carry: A lot

Post by goblr77 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:23 pm

That refinish job turned out well.
Joshua 24:15

Return to “12 Gauge Shotguns”