CamoPro Gun Dipping

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by Ross » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Hot glue may not cut it if those other glues dident hold up. I'm also very surprised that they are not taking care of a prostaffer. I'm sure if you talk to the right guy, they will make it good and hopefully research this problem for future improvements.

Sent From My Talky Box

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by Cut N Run » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Sorry to hear the dipper F'ed up your shooting iron, goblr77. That's terrible. He should know exactly what his process is capable of doing to a firearm and make sure it doesn't happen in the first place. It's even worse that he won't own his screw up. I'm glad you posted this, because I've have been shopping around to get a gun dipped and I know who to avoid now.

Mike, have you considered using epoxy to fix your recoil pad bed? Depending on how that plastic piece is supposed to be attached inside the buttstock, you could possibly drill small holes in it to get the epoxy to flow through to provide a better attachment. If epoxy can hold the inserts in my crossbow arrows after the beating they take, it ought to be able to hold a recoil pad frame in place. Shame on Benelli for not standing behind their product in the first place. As much as Benelli's cost, you'd think they might feel a bit more responsible and back their products better.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Return to “12 Gauge Shotguns”