- Posts: 4757
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:31 am
- I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
- While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!
Cut N Run wrote:
sman wrote:Also not worried about the kick. The Maxus does a great job with recoil.
I will probably need it. Sitting in a sling right now. Week 3 of post shoulder surgery number 3. Major suckage.
Bummer about the shoulder surgery. All on the same arm? I hope they got it closer to right this time. If it was on the same arm, you have to be developing some skills with the off hand.
I'm thinking healing thoughts for you. Good luck.
All on the same arm. Lucky me.
I am ambidextrous with a rifle. I prefer left handed but that's the one that keeps getting operated on. Should have plenty of time to heal before March.
- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm
- I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
- While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.
- Location: MCDONOUGH,GA
I hope the recovery is near 100% for you Scott. As a positive note, better now than during the spring time. I'm sure you could probably fish or something during turkey season but I don't see that happening with a killer like you. You would find a way to make it happen. Hope everything works out fine for the shoulder but I am sure the turkeys are hoping for a different outcome.
As far as number of shells, I tend to only keep about 2 boxes around.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman