Example Photos for Turkey Hunting Contest

User avatar
BgDadyBeardBustr
Posts: 1846
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Good post Bobby! I knew Ryan always takes good photos and would be a good example to show! Nice bird as well! I have seen them on other forums take the tape and move the camera around where the spurs look longer and the beard looks longer! I wish Clyde could travel around and take all of our pictures! We would be in all kinds of magazines!!!! :D I don't know if they were accepted and I did not pay attention at the time because I was busting my tail to get birds to enter! Honesty is great and I would love to see this contest go off without a hitch! If I can help anyone, I am here for you just like a Family Member would be. We are all in this for one reason......We love to hunt turkeys!
Good Luck,
Tim
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

User avatar
Bobbyparks
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey
Location: Georgia

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Bobbyparks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 pm

BgDadyTrophyHunter wrote:Good post Bobby! I knew Ryan always takes good photos and would be a good example to show! Nice bird as well! I have seen them on other forums take the tape and move the camera around where the spurs look longer and the beard looks longer! I wish Clyde could travel around and take all of our pictures! We would be in all kinds of magazines!!!! :D I don't know if they were accepted and I did not pay attention at the time because I was busting my tail to get birds to enter! Honesty is great and I would love to see this contest go off without a hitch! If I can help anyone, I am here for you just like a Family Member would be. We are all in this for one reason......We love to hunt turkeys!
Good Luck,
Tim
Tim..you are a good man and have been a big help so please know we appreciate that.

Yea Clyde is a true professional.....really enjoy his art work.

Again thanks for taking the time to round up some photos

Bobby
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

User avatar
Bobbyparks
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey
Location: Georgia

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Bobbyparks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Bobbyparks wrote:
BgDadyTrophyHunter wrote:Good post Bobby! I knew Ryan always takes good photos and would be a good example to show! Nice bird as well! I have seen them on other forums take the tape and move the camera around where the spurs look longer and the beard looks longer! I wish Clyde could travel around and take all of our pictures! We would be in all kinds of magazines!!!! :D I don't know if they were accepted and I did not pay attention at the time because I was busting my tail to get birds to enter! Honesty is great and I would love to see this contest go off without a hitch! If I can help anyone, I am here for you just like a Family Member would be. We are all in this for one reason......We love to hunt turkeys!
Good Luck,
Tim
Tim..you are a good man and have been a big help so please know we appreciate that.....Yea..Ryan takes good photos...but kills too many birds if you ask me :) ...personally think he should work more...hunt less :)

And yes..... Clyde is a true professional.....really enjoy his art work.

Again thanks for taking the time to round up some photos

Bobby
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

User avatar
mossyoakpro
Posts: 3076
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)
Location: In the woods

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by mossyoakpro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 am

Ok, since I am a virgin turkey contest participant I need to clear up a couple things in my mind....

1) There will be at least 2 photos of each bird showing the entire bird with hunter and date verifier? One of them to show everything and then a close up with the verifier?

2) Does the verifier need to be seen in the photos of the bonus areas? Spur & beard measurement?

3) Lastly, can we agree on a designated website to show on phone/ipad verifiers?

Sorry to be a bother but I want to get on the same page as everyone else.

Thanks!!
Colossians 3:17

User avatar
Bobbyparks
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey
Location: Georgia

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Bobbyparks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 am

mossyoakpro wrote:Ok, since I am a virgin turkey contest participant I need to clear up a couple things in my mind....

1) There will be at least 2 photos of each bird showing the entire bird with hunter and date verifier? One of them to show everything and then a close up with the verifier?

2) Does the verifier need to be seen in the photos of the bonus areas? Spur & beard measurement?

3) Lastly, can we agree on a designated website to show on phone/ipad verifiers?

Sorry to be a bother but I want to get on the same page as everyone else.

Thanks!!
Mike no bother at all...we want to address everything now and avoid issues later so these are good questions

You are correct on 1 & 2 and the changes stating that the date verification must be included in the photos for bonus points for beards and spurs is included...as well as a way to see theres a bird in the shot...I believe Grant has added that into the "Rules & Guidelines" section already

We've heard all kinds of stories and although we can't protect against everything.......would like to see enough to know its still attached to a bird...maybe a shot that captures that with the date verification and a close enough that we can see the tape.

Not sure about the designated site ...I think whats important is that its clear as to the date.....The weather site I've used and thats seen in one of the photos with someone that was with me in Texas shows the location and date which is neat...but there are all kinds of sites that should have dates visible....And we don't want to make it so specific it becomes a problem or gets a bird DQ ed

It will come down to personal integrity and character in the end...

For example..whos to stop someone from having photos taken with their buddies bird just so they can claim and enter....no way for us to know ...and again..all kinds of stories out there.

Please everyone...keep any questions coming for anything we're not clear on ...other than being involved in a couple contest..this is our first as GSN...we're just trying to get it RIGHT
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

User avatar
Grant
Posts: 3268
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff
Location: NW GA
Contact:

Example Photos for Contest

Post by Grant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:06 am

Let me make a GSN page with a big date for those who want to use it
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

User avatar
Bobbyparks
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey
Location: Georgia

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Bobbyparks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 am

Grant wrote:Let me make a GSN page with a big date for those who want to use it

GREAT IDEA!!!
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

User avatar
Grant
Posts: 3268
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff
Location: NW GA
Contact:

Example Photos for Contest

Post by Grant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 am

Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

User avatar
Jamey
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Mossy Super Bantam 20 ga.
Location: Thomasville GA
Contact:

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Jamey » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 am

In other similar contests I've entered, I have tried to make sure that my date verification item (phone) is visible in all the pics, not necesarily readable but at least visible, just to be sure that no one could ever question whether or not my pics were legit.

There was one hunter last year in another contest where the hunter/phone/bird pic that he posted had several differences (different camo, phone, etc) than all of his other pics. Turned out that he simply forgot to take the correct pic and tried to slip in one from another bird he killed. This attempt, along with another DQ by one of his teammates actually cost that team from taking 2nd place.

Jamey

User avatar
Bobbyparks
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey
Location: Georgia

Re: Example Photos for Contest

Post by Bobbyparks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 am


YOU ARE THE MAN...this really will help
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

Post Reply

Return to “Contests and Prizes”