Lead Off Men!

peanutman04, Ricochet, kygobbler, trkyburns
peanutman04
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: shotgun, shells and turkey call

Lead Off Men!

Post by peanutman04 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Ricochet and TB's (I think) is on deck! Hope yall have a good opener and get us started off with a bang!
Good luck too yall! And remember to take lots of good pics!
I guess I only be hunting the GA season this year. What about everybody else?

kygobbler
I mostly hunt turkey in: KY
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3
Willowridge tongue teaser

Re: Lead Off Men!

Post by kygobbler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:58 pm

I guess I will be batting clean up. My season doesn't start till 4/12. Our season is only open for 23 days and I'm off for 18 of them so far. If I don't get a bird during them days then I will take the whole season off.

Good luck JP & TB!
Bryan

trkyburns
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Post by trkyburns » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks fellas, I'll try my best, that's all I can promise. I'll be on public land but i know where i'm headed. Been getting all my stuff ready for weeks now! It's finally time!

By the way has anybody heard from Ricochet? He hasn't checked in here yet (unless I missed it?).
"... a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon..." - Hemingway

Ricochet
I mostly hunt turkey in: South Carolina
While hunting I carry: My Remington Versa Max or 870, calls (stuff), ThermaCell and my gobbler lounger for those long setups.

Post by Ricochet » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:34 am

It's opening day tomorrow! Wish me luck! Sunday's weather looks bad, but hopefully I will be able to get out there - I have a blind setup in a prime spot.
- JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of gobbling in the morning...

trkyburns
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Post by trkyburns » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:54 pm

No luck for me guys. Didn't hear a peep this morning. I'll be back at 'em Monday morning. I still feel like I'm in the right place based on the sign I saw. Maybe they'll be talking after these storms roll through that we're supposed to have tomorrow.

Ricochet
While hunting I carry: My Remington Versa Max or 870, calls (stuff), ThermaCell and my gobbler lounger for those long setups.

Post by Ricochet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:11 pm

No dice for me this morning; I got on a gobbler but I couldn't work him - I pretty sure he was henned up. I'm still at the hunt club going out again in a few and hopefully the rain will hold off enough in the morning to get some hunting in.

TB,
My sister lives in Cedartown and I'll be hunting a prime piece of property between Rome and Cedartown the first week in May - maybe you can join me.
- JP

trkyburns

Post by trkyburns » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Ricochet wrote: TB,
My sister lives in Cedartown and I'll be hunting a prime piece of property between Rome and Cedartown the first week in May - maybe you can join me.
Sounds like a plan brother. I have a new place in that same general area that I did some work on back in the fall/winter. Good turkey hunting around there!

peanutman04
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: shotgun, shells and turkey call

Post by peanutman04 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 pm

At least y'all got to tote a gun! I did some scout in this am and didn't hear any. Seen lots of tracks though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

kygobbler
I mostly hunt turkey in: KY
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3
Willowridge tongue teaser

Post by kygobbler » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm with peanut, at least your playing the game right now.

To pass the time today, my little girl and I went fishing for an hour and wore out some crappie. We caught 35 total and she caught 15 of them. For a few minutes she was catching them so fast I couldn't get my line in the water. She really had a field day when she caught this bass.
IMG_20140315_181312.jpg
Bryan

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:17 pm

trkyburns wrote:
Ricochet wrote: TB,
Sounds like a plan brother. I have a new place in that same general area that I did some work on back in the fall/winter. Good turkey hunting around there!
Cool, my place is in the Cave Spring area and it is loaded with birds. :D
- JP

Return to “7 - Money Shot”