River Creek Quota hunts

Jamey
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Mossy Super Bantam 20 ga.

River Creek Quota hunts

Post by Jamey » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 pm

If any of you GA guys get lucky enough to get drawn for the RiverCreek hunt, look me up and I will help cut down your scouting time dramatically.

I've been on 2 turkey hunts there and spent many days archery deer hunting it as well as several days just hiking and scouting and have a pretty good knowledge of the place which I am happy to share.

Likely to be 5-6 years before I get drawn for another turkey hunt there.

Jamey

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Re: River Creek Quota hunts

Post by mossyoakpro » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 am

wmahunter wrote:If any of you GA guys get lucky enough to get drawn for the RiverCreek hunt, look me up and I will help cut down your scouting time dramatically.

I've been on 2 turkey hunts there and spent many days archery deer hunting it as well as several days just hiking and scouting and have a pretty good knowledge of the place which I am happy to share.

Likely to be 5-6 years before I get drawn for another turkey hunt there.

Jamey
Hey Jamey,

I got rejected with 6 points this year :cry:

Gonna try again next year!! It has become a mission to me now!!
Colossians 3:17

Jamey
While hunting I carry: Mossy Super Bantam 20 ga.

Post by Jamey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Rejected with 6?...that stinks. Seems like you almost gotta get drawn next year.

I got drawn 2 years ago with 4 and my son got drawn last year with 5 so it looks like the draw is climbing as fast as the years. :( I may never get drawn again.

FredW got drawn the year I did and I invited him to stay in my home (I am only 20 minutes away) and did plenty of scouting in the 2 weeks prior to the hunt. Put Fred on a location and he had his and was headed home in less than 30 minutes.

That place is crawling with turkeys! Good luck on the draw next year.

Jamey

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm

wmahunter wrote:Rejected with 6?...that stinks. Seems like you almost gotta get drawn next year.

I got drawn 2 years ago with 4 and my son got drawn last year with 5 so it looks like the draw is climbing as fast as the years. :( I may never get drawn again.

FredW got drawn the year I did and I invited him to stay in my home (I am only 20 minutes away) and did plenty of scouting in the 2 weeks prior to the hunt. Put Fred on a location and he had his and was headed home in less than 30 minutes.

That place is crawling with turkeys! Good luck on the draw next year.

Jamey
I sure hope it is worth it when I finally get to step on the place....I was putting in for another WMA to start with but after getting rejected there a few times I figured I would start trying for RC since I had some points built up. Still no pick though....kinda stinks when folks with less points get picked over me.
Colossians 3:17

fredw
While hunting I carry: Browning Maxus

Post by fredw » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

If you're drawn take Jamey up on his offer. He's a good person, great host, and knows that WMA! We spent a couple of hours looking around, went back to his house for steaks and stories. Bright and early the next morning I shot my best Eastern.

huntinfool
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: H&R Pardner Jr w/Hevi #7's
Copper Kaiser Pot
Random mouth calls
Small Shallow Rio box
other junk that weighs too much!

Post by huntinfool » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 am

I got rejected...again. And based on the posts on the GON forum, I'm gonna need 25 points to get in because there are at LEAST 10 people just on that board that have more points than me...and all put in and got rejected.

I think I'll have 5 next year. 6 maybe, I can't remember. I figure by the time I actually get drawn, there won't be any turkeys out there to kill. :mrgreen:

Return to “Georgia”