NC Turkey Distribution Map

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

NC Turkey Distribution Map

Post by Cut N Run » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 pm

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Hun ... p_2010.pdf

I pulled this off the NC Wildlife site. It's no wonder i had such a tough season last year, there aren't many birds where i was hunting at the edge of Durham & Orange Counties. Hmmmm Gotta change that this year for sure.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

datrip
While hunting I carry: Calls, gun, shells, thermacell, tp...all I need.

Re: NC Turkey Distribution Map

Post by datrip » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm

I hunt in Caldwell County mainly...need to move North to those counties in red. So ready for April 13. Did you go to Nashville last week?
Whatever is over my head is under HIS feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2006.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Twitter - daryltriplett

Cut N Run
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Work kept me close to home last week, so no convention for me. I'll get there one of these days. I'm going to do some prospecting and to bump around the woods in Caswell County next Sunday. I'll be at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh some on Friday & most of the day on Saturday. Plus, I have a hockey game at PNC Arena about a mile from where the Deer Classic is being held on Saturday night. That only leaves Sunday to do more exploring those woods. The have some 3 day per week Gamelands near Yanceyville. My wife has a friend with a horse farm off Hwy 62 east of town too that has some open fields & farms around it. I haven't asked anyone there yet. Sunday's probably not the best day to go knocking on doors anyway.

Jim

datrip

Post by datrip » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 pm

My wife and I are driving down to Raleigh on Friday, hope to be there shortly after they open. Maybe we can meet up somewhere and introduce ourselves. I really want to purchase a print by an artist I seen in Nashville that I fell in love with. She is suppose to be at the Dixie. Are you going to be "maning" a booth?
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Twitter - daryltriplett

Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I'll be at the Deer Classic as a spectator only this year. I plan on being there on Friday evening (work permitting) and most of the day Saturday. I'll PM you my cell phone number if you want to give me a call and we'll meet up there.

My best friend is a member of the Wake County Wildlife Club (the organization that puts on the Deer Classic) and he is required to be there much of each day, so I'll be hanging out with him some too.

Jim

datrip

Post by datrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Cut N Run wrote:I'll be at the Deer Classic as a spectator only this year. I plan on being there on Friday evening (work permitting) and most of the day Saturday. I'll PM you my cell phone number if you want to give me a call and we'll meet up there.

My best friend is a member of the Wake County Wildlife Club (the organization that puts on the Deer Classic) and he is required to be there much of each day, so I'll be hanging out with him some too.

Jim
That will be cool Jim. I plan to arrive hopefully by lunch. I will just be there on Friday though, my wife and I will be coming back home after we leave the show, we already have plans for Saturday. That plus I like avoiding the bigger crowds on Saturday. :)
Twitter - daryltriplett

Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Even though it gets crowded on Saturdays, I always run into folks I've known since grade school there. I'll see you there.

Jim

Return to “North Carolina”