Where do you hunt?

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Where do you hunt?

Post by Cut N Run » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am

How many other North Carolina turkey hunters are here & where do you hunt?

I hunt Durham, Orange, and Granville Counties. Granville is the most productive and has the greatest number of birds.
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Grant
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Re: Where do you hunt?

Post by Grant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Looks like we need more!
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Looks like you wont be bumping into any other hunters over there. You have NC all to yourself.:grin:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

NCBigShot
While hunting I carry: Mossberg 835

Post by NCBigShot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

...I hunt primarily Vance County... Sometimes Franklin Co. too...

spurshooternc
I mostly hunt turkey in: All the States.....
While hunting I carry: I mostly hunt with a stick and string... I love the challenge of hunting with a bow. I do carry a gun now and then depending on the game I am hunting or the terrain I am hunting. I hunt several states with my bow and love to go after turkeys, deer, hogs with it.

Post by spurshooternc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:45 pm

I hunt in Edgecombe and Pitt county but I never turn down a place to hunt them in NC.. I travel all over when a buddy calls me...lol.... So any buddies out there needing help let me know...lol..lol.. I only work half the month so I will come with my bow in hand when you call.. Good luck... Spurshooternc
HAVE BOW WILL TRAVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mossy Oak Pro Staff Team Member

Cut N Run
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

Birdbrains wrote:Looks like you wont be bumping into any other hunters over there. You have NC all to yourself.:grin:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Wish I did! I know right where I'd be hunting too. I've been seeing some longbeards in a field at a lease near one of the farms I hunt.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Jim,

I should have posted here last year and I am sorry that I didn't!

I am in Jacksonville and I hunt Onslow, Jones, and what other Counties are around the Croatan National Forrest! I am hoping we can get some more people on here from NC that do hunt turkeys! Might have to get up an NC hunt some where! :D

Tim
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

hawglips
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC, VA
While hunting I carry: Ghost cut triple reed, Hustlin Hen, 28 gauge CZ or Franchi, 4 shells with 1-15/16 oz of T9s, cane yelper, long box, glass, slate, 6 strikers, 6 more mouth calls, H2O, snacks, TP, GPS, camo, and lot of enthusiasm

Post by hawglips » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I currently spend most my time in Warren and Northampton. Used to kill some in Johnston and Wake before the woods were turned into subdivisions. Also, have a couple spots I hunt at times in Avery and Watauga Co.

I'll be camping with some boys scouts next month in Croatan, Tim.

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

hawglips wrote:I currently spend most my time in Warren and Northampton. Used to kill some in Johnston and Wake before the woods were turned into subdivisions. Also, have a couple spots I hunt at times in Avery and Watauga Co.

I'll be camping with some boys scouts next month in Croatan, Tim.
Give me a call! Might meet yall up there! What part? Catfish Lake Road or back near the River?
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

professorwingbone
While hunting I carry: Shotgun, calls, mostly wingbones and diaphrams, and usually a friend.

Post by professorwingbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

I live and hunt in Rockingham County. Every once in a while I'll venture into Caswell Co.

Fred

Return to “North Carolina”