Where do you hunt?

datrip
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Calls, gun, shells, thermacell, tp...all I need.

Re: Where do you hunt?

Post by datrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

combinea'comin wrote:Daryl do you live in Caldwell? Im in Burke county but harvested my first turkey ever over near Huffman Bridge rd in Caldwell county about 15 yrs ago
Yes I do, outside of Lenoir, off the Connelly Springs Rd. I have lived in Caldwell County all my life with the exception of 4 years, '92-'96 when I was serving a church in Thomasville. I am not sure where exactly Huffman Bridge Rd. is located. What other major road is it near?
Whatever is over my head is under HIS feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2006.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Twitter - daryltriplett

combinea'comin
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3 12gauge, Cody Slate, Aluminum Pot,Woodhaven Mouth Calls

Post by combinea'comin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am

That's near Antioch Rd, Huffman bridge goes over Catawba River...

I noticed were you had posted that you referee basketball, I am also a rec league official for Basketball in the winter/spring.
Malachi 4:5-6 My Brother WMB

datrip
While hunting I carry: Calls, gun, shells, thermacell, tp...all I need.

Post by datrip » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

The Antioch Rd., is that off of Hwy. 18? Or is the bridge you are referring to the bridge on 321 out of Caldwell County into Hickory? Yeah, I just call rec ball, do not call school ball. I have been encouraged to do so but just don't really have any desire to travel far to do that with the price of gas and all. This week will be my last till the Fall. Are you going to the Dixie Deer Classic this weekend? I am just going on Friday only as I hope to do some turkey scouting and shed hunting on Saturday.
Whatever is over my head is under HIS feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2006.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Twitter - daryltriplett

ncturkey
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87

Post by ncturkey » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:34 pm

I hunt in Clevland Co. and Ruthford Co. I use to hunt in Gaston Co. but have not found any one that would allow my to hunt. I have also hunted in Montgumery Co. too.

rctaylor
I mostly hunt turkey in: nc
While hunting I carry: Remington 870 ssx choke, and to many calls

Post by rctaylor » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am

cut & run how is the hunting in grandville county? have a chance to hunt there. usually hunt in sampson county

Return to “North Carolina”