Gobbling

ticklishtompro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Wisconsin
While hunting I carry: An array of Ticklish Tom calls, Mossberg 835, Avian X Decoys

Gobbling

Post by ticklishtompro » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Wondering if anyone has heard any gobbling yet??? I have heard of some people seeing some strutters but not any reports of gobbles. I will be out this weekend doing some scouting and listening in the morning. Less than 2 weeks and we will be taking some newbies out.

Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
See who gets the last laugh!
ttcustomcalls.webs.com

Gopherlongbeards
While hunting I carry: Shotgun, a couple mouth calls, 2 pot calls and a box.

Re: Gobbling

Post by Gopherlongbeards » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 am

I haven't heard any gobbling on this side of the river but we are getting close. Sure is a much different March from last year. We were having 80 degree days around this time a year ago. Have an ice storm going on today, with another round of wet, sloppy snow predicted for Monday. Late next week it looks like we'll start getting into the 40's during the day. Always seems we go from winter to spring in a snap these past couple years.

Turkey Junkie
While hunting I carry: Box call,Mouth calls and wet dry slate 835 mossberg and one of my sons.

Post by Turkey Junkie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:37 am

Gobbling on the roost but not on the ground this is going to be a hard youth hunt this weekend.

Gopherlongbeards
While hunting I carry: Shotgun, a couple mouth calls, 2 pot calls and a box.

Post by Gopherlongbeards » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm

I was outside Green Bay last weekend and was listening to a large roost site at fly down. heard plenty of hen and gobbler yelping, but no gobbles.

ticklishtompro
While hunting I carry: An array of Ticklish Tom calls, Mossberg 835, Avian X Decoys

Post by ticklishtompro » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:22 pm

The birds gobbled from the roost pretty good this past weekend, but once they hit the ground, lock beak. This should improve with in the next week or so. Don't be afraid to use some fighting purrs this weekend.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
See who gets the last laugh!
ttcustomcalls.webs.com

Return to “Wisconsin”