Shirts and pants

General topics around turkey hunting
Pauld
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Rem 870 20 gauge, TSS, Thermo-cell, coffee, T.P, raw whit and sarcasm

Shirts and pants

Post by Pauld » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 am

I think We've covered boots enough and Turkey vest are truly a "What fits you best" think so let us turn to good quality spring turkey wear atire. It seems that the quality of light weight clothing has gone down to the bottom of the barrel the last few years. Teck-Lite is off the market and I'm down to a pair of pants with the crotch torn in them and 1 tek lite shirt. Bought some Ol Tom last year, shirt and pants. 3 buttons fell off the shirt within 6 times of me wearing it. The pants seem pretty good but same issue with the button and when it's wet they pick up moisture like a towel. Think This year I'm going to pick up a UA button up and pants. Pricey but I own nothiing UA that I don't love. I prefer a button up shirt over a T because I like the loose fit, and the ability to unbutton a center button and tuck my trumpet in when I'm moving.
Head down, ears open, mouth closed. Kill turkeys.

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Re: Shirts and pants

Post by mossyoakpro » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm

What size you wear? I might have some extra Trek lite lying around if you wear bigger sizes.
Colossians 3:17

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:31 am

Trek lite is the stuff for me. I bought in heavy when it was available.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

Pauld
While hunting I carry: Rem 870 20 gauge, TSS, Thermo-cell, coffee, T.P, raw whit and sarcasm

Post by Pauld » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:42 am

mossyoakpro wrote:What size you wear? I might have some extra Trek lite lying around if you wear bigger sizes.
Usually a medium or large in pants and an XL or 2XL in shirts.

I loved the tek lite, except the inseam was short. At 6'4" that's a normal problem though

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 am

I have a shirt but the pants could be a problem....
Colossians 3:17

Treerooster
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Central USA
While hunting I carry: As much knowledge about the bird as I can fit in my thick skull.

Post by Treerooster » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Is there any other kind of shirt to wear? :D
P6260014.JPG
I actually do wear that shirt a lot in my turkey hunting (got 3 or 4). I like quiet material. Cotton knit, fleece, wool, etc. I have a couple of long sleeve cotton knit shirts I wear a lot. Pants I have are fleece. I pretty much stick with a couple of shirts/pants most of the season as I have them sprayed down with the tick control stuff.
Savor the dawn

BGRambo50
I mostly hunt turkey in: Tennessee
While hunting I carry: Mossberg 935. Various callers including trumpet and diaphragm.

Post by BGRambo50 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:15 pm

I prefer the Trek Lite also. I have two decent sets left now. Wish I would have bought more. Early season the regular weight cotton stuff works but when it warms up, it is Treklite time. I picked up an Old Tom shirt, not very comfortable so far. I also picked up an Under Armor long sleeve T, it is light weight and comfortable but I prefer pockets and buttons. It almost seems when I find something I like (certain loads, camo, other types of gear or callers) they quit making it.

paboxcall
I mostly hunt turkey in: high upon a mountain top
While hunting I carry: Long box, mini boat, couple of trumpets, scratch box, and a stacked frame mouth call.

Post by paboxcall » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:50 pm

I buy mostly from Mossy Oak online, and had good luck with the products.

One thing I wish I could find or bought another when I had the chance back then - a heavy chamois button shirt in the MO Forest Floor pattern. Heavy enough to wear as an additional layer and a great pattern for early spring and fall.

Love to find another button shirt in the same weight chamois.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Pauld

Post by Pauld » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:08 pm

mossyoakpro wrote:I have a shirt but the pants could be a problem....

Sweet!

Cove
While hunting I carry: Remington

Post by Cove » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:57 pm

When I find something I haven't tried. I try it. Normally it gets returned. I don't know why most clothing manufacturers think the crotch of a pair of britches needs to reach your knees. :roll: I just want interceptor cotton, mossy oak apparel treklite and diffusion 3D back. . . . :oops:

Return to “General Discussion”