GA ✔

General topics around turkey hunting
Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

GA ✔

Post by Toddmann » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Things improved drastically for me and now it's time to try and make some out of state plans. The weather man called for terrible weather here in the midstate around 1pm but the storm delayed and I was able to coax this big boy and his 2 ladies into range @ 1:38pm. Pulled the trigger on him as the rain started to pick up. He never gobbled. Not even with all the thunder and lightening going on along with my calling. Used a single shot Beretta 412 20ga. It is super light compared to that 10ga and did very well using TSS #9 with him standing at 30 :D .
Attachments
20170405_134219-1_resized.jpg

Denny
While hunting I carry: Remington 870 SPST 12 guage, my Mossy Oak cushion and a field bag full of goodies.

Re: GA ✔

Post by Denny » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 pm

You made fast work of Georgia when you finally got going! Awesome job - congrats!

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:46 pm

This was the year of silence for me but silence was golden. Sure I love to hear them gobble but I like to stand on ones head more :D .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

dewey
I mostly hunt turkey in: Minnesota
While hunting I carry: Way too much stuff according to my so called friends

Post by dewey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 am

Toddmann wrote:This was the year of silence for me but silence was golden. Sure I love to hear them gobble but I like to stand on ones head more :D .
Dang Todd! Great work and that is a nice tree full of gobblers.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Right on, Todd! Three on the tree is looking good. Congratulations on a great Georgia season.
Good luck the rest of the way.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

timbrhuntr
I mostly hunt turkey in: Anywhere I can !
While hunting I carry: Everything I can !

Post by timbrhuntr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Wow seems like just the other day you were saying how tough it was and bang your done ! Congrats nice birds there ! I'm in Kansas right now where I can't seem do make the right move I hope my luck jumps up like yours did. :D

sman
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:49 am

That last bird was the man! Your season flipped like a switch and brought some great birds! Congrats bud! Looks like your calls are doing great!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
What? What?

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 am

Excellent bird Todd...Congrats on getting it done sir.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

Return to “General Discussion”