First and foremost, I’d like to thank one of our dedicated forum members, Gary Meinke, for providing this target for everyone to use. Its folks like Gary that make Grand Slam Network a great place to hang out!
Hopefully before March has rolled around, you’ve pulled out your turkey calls and started practicing. Equally important to calling is making sure your turkey hunting shotgun has a good pattern and that you know it effective range for harvesting a turkey
This Turkey Target Download is scaled properly for you to print and pattern your shotgun. Other turkey targets include the actual head and feathers, which can be misleading because you are lead to believe your effective range is further than it actually is.
This Turkey Target Download includes the skeletal system of the turkey neck and head, so that you get a more accurate representation of the effectiveness of your gun at a particular range.
Here’s how you pattern your turkey hunting shotgun
- Print several copies of the target and head to the range
- Post the target is a safe direction and measure off 30 yards which is a nice starting distance.
- Aim at the middle of the neck and shoot
- After inspecting the target, you should have a reasonable number of shot in the skeleton.
- Keep increasing the distance between you and the target until you discover your effective range.