Re: updates

Post by ts602 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Not worth a flip for me. When are you taking me to the honey hole? :?: :?: :?:

mtstephens18
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: rem. 870

Post by mtstephens18 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm

well I had an unproductive turkey hunt, but I had quite an interesting hunt. I got to the spot, parked my truck, and started in the woods. Well something takes off running up the ridge, I couldnt figure out what in the world it was, It was hogs!! I have hunted for 21 years and have never seen a hog in the wild.... they are a few on this wma, but not many at all. I got up between the two, and one came back over the ridge in a thicket, coming straight at me. He was about 40 yards, I was gonna shoot him at 30 or less because I didnt wanna just wound him.... but he turned and went off the side of the ridge, so I eased over to the edge, but by the time I did, he was gone!! dont know where he went. so I proceeded on with my hunt. I walked up a road bed that goes way up a ridge, and then turns back toward the truck. I get to the end of the road, and slip out through a pine thicket. I took a minute to rest, look down, and there is a credit card laying at my feet... Keep in mind, by now, I am in the middle of nowhere.... so I bend down to pick it up, and look at the name, turns out, it belongs to a guy I know!! what are the odds..... I know its been laying there for a pretty good while, the expiration was 07, and he moved to Mississippi 7 or 8 years ago... I just thought it was kind of ironic..... anyway, so I find some sign, and set up and call for a while... the whole time, I am thinking I am on a different ridge than I actually am. I finally get up to work my way to the truck, go down the mountain. I thought the road was only 3-400 yards down the ridge. Wrong!! I eased off the ridge and walk up on a clear cut.. there aint a clear cut nowhere in there the way I came in... got a little hairy there for a few minutes.. but I made it back to the truck... and there was a dang turkey 75 yards in front of it

sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 am

Now that is strange!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
What? What?

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

I wish I had never seen a hog in the wild....If you want some more I will bring them to you and you can see them everyday. ;)
Colossians 3:17

mtstephens18

Post by mtstephens18 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 pm

naw ya'll keep em!

mtstephens18

Post by mtstephens18 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Well I knocked the safety off 3 different times this morning. but didnt get to shoot..... got on one gobbling this morning way off... could barely hear him because the wind was blowing 30 mph.. got on the ridge he was on he gobbled one more time and as I was looking for a tree to set up on, I hear him walking right below me. I dropped and just sat there, quit hearing him so I clucked a couple times and one yelp sequence but he never showed. went to where I killed the first one this year,Im just easing down the road and one gobbles off to my left about 100 yards. I hear something coming from my right, so I drop to my knees in the road. two red heads pop out at 20 yards and walk across the road... both jakes, but they were on a B-LINE for the bird that just gobbled ....???.... so I just get off the road and set up. call a little and a few minutes later hear something coming down the hill, in the pines, straight behind me. I cut my eyes, more red heads. they come by me, get in the road at 10 yards, guess what.... 4 more dang jakes!! they eased off into the bottom below me and stayed there for 45 minutes... so after a while, I called to them some more, hoping to get a gobble out of them and maybe draw a big bird in, but no such luck.. cant even get jakes to gobble... then I hear something else walking below me, and one starts yelping.. Im pretty sure it was a gobbler yelping, I havent heard one do it many times, but it was way to loud and raspy to be a hen I believe.... but whatever it was gave up and went the other way...

boogerbranchbenelli
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: toilet paper

Post by boogerbranchbenelli » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 am

Any word Shane? Whats been happening on your side of the country?

Return to “11 - Public Pursuit”