Great fun!

BgDadyBeardBustr, Gadget, gut_pile, turkeyed
turkeyed
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Mossberg 835

Great fun!

Post by turkeyed » Mon May 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Well guys, I was not sure how we would do in this unique contest. This was my first season ever trying to harvest a rio, and Will's first trip to Washington. Tim had physical issues from the start and Rick had a bird DQ'd. It seems as if the odds were definitely stacked against us from the start but we prevailed. It has been a blast and pleasure to be on a team with each and everyone of you. Regardless if we win or not I feel as if we can hold our heads high and be proud of our accomplishments. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this team!
Eddie

gut_pile
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Weatherby SA08 20ga, Buice Trumpet, Rut n Strut Calls

Re: Great fun!

Post by gut_pile » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 pm

I totally agree Eddie. We have done a great job as a team and have put together a great score. Thanks for inviting me to be on the team Tim. It's been fun
Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Wesley Phelps
I mostly hunt turkey in: the woods
While hunting I carry: ol tom gear /Mossy Oak/ HeviShot/ 870

Post by Wesley Phelps » Tue May 07, 2013 5:57 am

Y'all have went against the odds with a couple of these birds for sure. Congrats on putting it all together! Y'all have set the bar really high, now I have to go kill an 8 point Rio in Kansas next week!, :D

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Tue May 07, 2013 6:21 am

Guys, it was fun and a pleasure to have all of you on a team together! Rick is a killer and very experienced turkey hunter! I asked him and actually talked him into doing this against what he wanted to do! Thank you Rick for your participation!

Will and Eddie, I have enjoyed reading the stories of your hunts! You both are great hunters and it was a pleasure having you all on this TEAM!

Wesley, good luck Brother! I don't know much about Rio's but I wish you a successful hunt! A 7 pointer would do well in this contest! I think a tie would be great for two teams to put up in the first season! 8-)

Good Luck,
Tim
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Tue May 07, 2013 6:56 am

Y'all did a great job! If y'all win, y'all deserve it!

In order for teams to compete in this contest there comes a lot more in play than our regular contest. Each guy has to kill his subspecies. Usually only one or two of the teammates actually lives where his bird lives. It's up to the rest of the team to leave his home turf and make it happen.

The only negative to finishing this contest is when you finish. Y'all have put a bullseye up. I'm not sure how many teams are left in this. Wesley is battling cleanup. Y'all put up a top notch score. Now it's just a matter of seeing if it was high enough.

Congrats to Rick on not just killing one but two Osceola's on public land. The second one being a monster.

Congrats Eddie on your first Rio. You put the smack down on em.

Congrats Tim on an awesome Eastern. You didn't let crutches hold you back. A bird to brag about for years to come.

Congrats Will on your first Merriam. You probably feel the same as I do. If you win the contest it is just a secondary prize after being allowed by God to kill such a beautiful fool gobbling bird.

Congrats guys!!!!

sent from my obama phone.
What? What?

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 am

Scott, I think we all will feel the same way buddy! The prizes are second to the real prize of the turkey you seek! Congratulations to you on an awesome season! Your hunt in SD reminded me of Rick's for the first bird! It was real tuff on both of you but y'all did what it takes! You in the snow and cold! Rick in the heat and conditions for his first bird!

Just got word that MoPro got a good 5 point merriam! Mike is a killer too! Really has been a great place to be during turkey season!
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Bobbyparks
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey

Post by Bobbyparks » Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 am

You guys have done great!!

This one has been different and something comparable to a relay race...if anyone falls down its over.

You guys have all done whats needed to bring it home and its been fun to watch your progression and the taking of some really fine birds

Congrats on a great TEAM SLAMMING season!
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Fantastic job to all of you fellas. Congrats to you all for getting the species you were after. That is an accomplishment in itself.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

Gadget

Post by Gadget » Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 am

turkeyed wrote:Well guys, I was not sure how we would do in this unique contest. This was my first season ever trying to harvest a rio, and Will's first trip to Washington. Tim had physical issues from the start and Rick had a bird DQ'd. It seems as if the odds were definitely stacked against us from the start but we prevailed. It has been a blast and pleasure to be on a team with each and everyone of you. Regardless if we win or not I feel as if we can hold our heads high and be proud of our accomplishments. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this team!
Eddie
That bout sums it up Eddie! I had my share of physical problems as well to deal with like, stomach surgery just before turkey season started. Nice how it all worked out in the end.

Return to “Team Hollywood”