CamoPro Gun Dipping

User avatar
goblr77
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A lot
Location: Southwest Georgia

CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by goblr77 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 am

This is what you'll get after a 4 month wait for a dip job on a shotgun. A ruined $450 Beretta Xtrema chrome lined barrel. The barrel was in perfect condition when I sent the gun off. When I finally got the gun back, the rust has eaten through the chrome lining and pitted deeply into the barrel. I polished the barrel with scotch bright, jb, and a brush in an electric drill to no avail. I was told "It's too much trouble to oil the guns after we dip them. Rust is part of the process."
Attachments
IMG_0227.jpg
Joshua 24:15

User avatar
kygobbler
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: KY
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3
Willowridge tongue teaser

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by kygobbler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 am

That sucks major donkey $%#%#/. I assume by your post that they are not going to replace the barrel? Im just guessing that a new barrel would cost around 150-200 bucks. Sounds like a small claims court is the only future.

I hope you get justified some how on this.
Bryan

User avatar
mossyoakpro
Posts: 3076
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)
Location: In the woods

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by mossyoakpro » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:48 pm

I thought they plugged the barrel ends when dipping :?

Either way that really stinks....So they said that damaging rust is part of the process? I think not! I have had several guns dipped and never a problem like that.

I am sure there is somewhere to review their work on the net....I would give them some negative feedback if nothing else.

Best of luck!!
Colossians 3:17

User avatar
goblr77
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A lot
Location: Southwest Georgia

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by goblr77 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:10 pm

kygobbler wrote:That sucks major donkey $%#%#/. I assume by your post that they are not going to replace the barrel? Im just guessing that a new barrel would cost around 150-200 bucks. Sounds like a small claims court is the only future.

I hope you get justified some how on this.


A new barrel is $400-$450 for a Xtrema. Then I would have to have the barrel dipped to match the rest of the gun. I'm trading the gun and getting what I can out of it or just use it for a beat-around gun to shoot ducks. It will cost me more than $450 to take the time to travel to Valdosta for small claims court. I'll do everything I can to spread the word on Jode Hewett, the owner. He acts like I'm the only one complaining about his work and won't do anything to make it right. It will come back to bite him.
Joshua 24:15

User avatar
STEROIDCHICKEN
Posts: 2849
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.
Location: MCDONOUGH,GA
Contact:

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Dang it man. That is ridiculous. If you have any further dipping needs in your future, give me a call. My guy is TOP NOTCH. I would do all I could to make this guy refund you for the dipping and the cost of a new barrel.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

User avatar
goblr77
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A lot
Location: Southwest Georgia

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by goblr77 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am

STEROIDCHICKEN wrote:Dang it man. That is ridiculous. If you have any further dipping needs in your future, give me a call. My guy is TOP NOTCH. I would do all I could to make this guy refund you for the dipping and the cost of a new barrel.

I appreciate that. He doesn't want to do anything about it. I've called him directly and left numerous messages as well. He acts like it's no big deal. My blood pressure has been high over this long enough. I traded the gun in yesterday on a MO infinity SX3 with a 26" barrel. It should be here next week. The difference cost me about what a new barrel would. I'm done arguing with that deadbeat. Time to move on.
Joshua 24:15

User avatar
Toddmann
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!
Location: Right in the Middle of GA!!

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by Toddmann » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:09 pm

goblr77 wrote:
STEROIDCHICKEN wrote:Dang it man. That is ridiculous. If you have any further dipping needs in your future, give me a call. My guy is TOP NOTCH. I would do all I could to make this guy refund you for the dipping and the cost of a new barrel.

I appreciate that. He doesn't want to do anything about it. I've called him directly and left numerous messages as well. He acts like it's no big deal. My blood pressure has been high over this long enough. I traded the gun in yesterday on a MO infinity SX3 with a 26" barrel. It should be here next week. The difference cost me about what a new barrel would. I'm done arguing with that deadbeat. Time to move on.
That was the wise move (to move on) no doubt. I like those SX3. I don't own 1 but my buddies son has 1 in a 20ga and it is awesome.
__________________
"Any man who thinks he can be happy & prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."-Henry Ford
ACME Prostaff (Hat division)

User avatar
mossyoakpro
Posts: 3076
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)
Location: In the woods

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by mossyoakpro » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Give us a review on the SX3 when you get a chance to run some rounds through it....I have had one of those on my mind for a while now.

Best of luck with it!!
Colossians 3:17

User avatar
kygobbler
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: KY
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3
Willowridge tongue teaser

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by kygobbler » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm

mossyoakpro wrote:Give us a review on the SX3 when you get a chance to run some rounds through it....I have had one of those on my mind for a while now.

Best of luck with it!!
Mopro, just dig up those jars of rusty money out your yard and buy one. :lol: :lol: You will like it. :D
Bryan

User avatar
goblr77
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A lot
Location: Southwest Georgia

Re: CamoPro Gun Dipping

Post by goblr77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 am

mossyoakpro wrote:Give us a review on the SX3 when you get a chance to run some rounds through it....I have had one of those on my mind for a while now.

Best of luck with it!!

I might use it some during dove season to see how it cycles.
Joshua 24:15

Post Reply

Return to “12 Gauge Shotguns”