Lead Off Men!

peanutman04, Ricochet, kygobbler, trkyburns
trkyburns
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Re: Lead Off Men!

Post by trkyburns » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Ricochet wrote:
trkyburns wrote:JP, what days will you be in Georgia? I'm definitely interested in teaming up if it works with my schedule.
Hey, it would be Monday, May 5th till Thursday, May 8th. I should be guiding a relative of the landowner 1 or 2 of those days. So, hopefully we can work it out one way or another.
Sounds good. Any day will probably work for me just send me a message when you know!
"... a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon..." - Hemingway

trkyburns
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Re: Lead Off Men!

Post by trkyburns » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Well the wife got to see something die but it wasn't a turkey. I came within inches of stepping on a timber rattler in the dark this morning. Had a bird gobbling just down the hollow. Killed him with a rock and kept going! I thought she would never want to go in the woods again but to my surprise she is asking when is the next time I'll take her. We might have had our bird too if a hen hadn't come right in and dragged him away.

I'm taking my bro in law back to the same bird in the morning. Going to try a different approach.
"... a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon..." - Hemingway

Return to “7 - Money Shot”