Hey guys

mtstephens18, RockyMtnGobblers, Wesley, gator8em
sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Re: Hey guys

Post by sman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Wesley Phelps wrote:Bagged us a couple toms out in Kansas this weekend. Only 5 pointers, yall want me to add them?
Do it Wes! Congrats bud!

Wish I was hunting.
What? What?

RockyMtnGobblers
I mostly hunt turkey in: Colorado
While hunting I carry: Rem. 870 12 guage, mouth calls, friction calls,357mag.

Post by RockyMtnGobblers » Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 am

congrats! great job!
Looks like I wont be getting out to hunt again till late may.
bummer!
Be an Ethical hunter, Earn your bird!

mtstephens18
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: rem. 870

Post by mtstephens18 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:33 am

Well team sorry I have not contributed this year. I have hunted at least 4 days a week all season and have not found one single cooperative bird. I am very discouraged and have been just having to make myself get out of bed and go in the mornings. I have one or two hunts left in me before the 15 so hopefully some crazy miracle will happen but the way it has been going all year I doubt it very seriously. Good luck to yall

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Sat May 10, 2014 12:37 pm

mtstephens18 wrote:Well team sorry I have not contributed this year. I have hunted at least 4 days a week all season and have not found one single cooperative bird. I am very discouraged and have been just having to make myself get out of bed and go in the mornings. I have one or two hunts left in me before the 15 so hopefully some crazy miracle will happen but the way it has been going all year I doubt it very seriously. Good luck to yall

I have been there Matt...it stinks. Keep your head up and stay after it.
Colossians 3:17

mtstephens18
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: rem. 870

Post by mtstephens18 » Sat May 10, 2014 6:20 pm

mossyoakpro wrote:
mtstephens18 wrote:Well team sorry I have not contributed this year. I have hunted at least 4 days a week all season and have not found one single cooperative bird. I am very discouraged and have been just having to make myself get out of bed and go in the mornings. I have one or two hunts left in me before the 15 so hopefully some crazy miracle will happen but the way it has been going all year I doubt it very seriously. Good luck to yall

I have been there Matt...it stinks. Keep your head up and stay after it.
thanks man... I know.. it happens, its just been the last several years have been tough. I have managed to kill one bird each of the last 3 years, but its like since I started these competitions, I cant kill em for nothing. the crazy thing is, is that this has been one of the best years for gobbling that I can remember... normally up here, the problem is getting them to gobble. I have went several years where I only heard one or two birds all year. this year, I have heard birds every hunt except two, and still haven't even knocked the safety off.... I just hate letting a team down.

RockyMtnGobblers

Post by RockyMtnGobblers » Sat May 17, 2014 8:23 am

Hey team, bad news for this season, I just have not been able to get out and hunt this spring. I hunted all of two days this season and despite all my efforts to hunt I am done for the season, I did not see this coming and in over 20 years hunting turkeys have I had so little time to hunt.
The good news is Every season after this I'll have all the time I want to not only hunt Colorado birds I'll be able to hunt out of state as well.
Sorry I could not contribute this year.

Gator8em
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia

Post by Gator8em » Sun May 18, 2014 11:07 am

Good deal, maybe you can come chase some Georgia birds with us. It was pleasure meeting you.

RockyMtnGobblers

Post by RockyMtnGobblers » Thu May 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Thank you, I've enjoyed meeting all of you and am looking forward to 2015 season where I can actually hunt all I want! Thanks for the offer I truly love hunting Merriam's and cant wait to hunt them out of state, along with some big ol Easterns! Don't forget to hunt Colorado birds we don't have huge numbers but we have plenty!

Return to “12 - Team Hevi-Shot”