Hey guys

Brock Herrington, Shane, Turkey Junkie, Spinnerbait
Turkey Junkie
I mostly hunt turkey in: Wisconsin
While hunting I carry: Box call,Mouth calls and wet dry slate 835 mossberg and one of my sons.

Re: Hey guys

Post by Turkey Junkie » Tue May 06, 2014 10:51 am

We need to make some ground up on are compititon. We each can enter four birds is that correct? If that is the case unless you have a big boy tied up go ahead and get him entered. I have been chasing a toad over the last week with my son but have not been able to land him yet. Hopefully i can put my tag on him this week.

Spinnerbait
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Benelli Superblack Eagle and a mouth call.

Post by Spinnerbait » Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 pm

This was as tough a season as I can remember. I struggled from start to finish. I'm about to enter my wildcard bird. I don't really see it making a difference but maybe a little pride.

Shane
I mostly hunt turkey in: New Mexico
While hunting I carry: Old Shotgun or Bow ( thinking about carrying a slingshot. LOL ) and my two young Boys whenever possible.

Post by Shane » Mon May 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Hey Guys just checking in. I filled all 3 of my tags for the year. I haven't registered any of my birds yet because we're so far behind it won't help unless you guys have some more birds to be entered. All 3 of my birds are only 5 points each. I'll post a picture of my bird I killed this morning but the other 2 are on another phone. It was our last day here today in NM. I was after a nice Long Beard for the past few days but he was a cagey old fart. I set up on him at O'dark thirty and just knew I would out smart him this morning, I was outsmarted again by a pea brain bird, LoL. It was a beautiful day here today so I continued on my hunt and checked a few other honey holes. I finally found some birds who were still looking for Love, or should I say one last Spring Fling. I chased this rascal over two miles and two mountains before I could cut him off and sweet talk him into my 835 Mossy's range. At 52 steps I sealed the deal with a 3 1/2" #7 hevishot channeled through a Stardot choke. It was a beautiful day in God's country and Mr. Tom was a nice bonus. Hope you all are having a good season.
Last edited by Shane on Mon May 19, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sman
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Nicely done! You earned that one!

Wish I was hunting.
What? What?

Shane
I mostly hunt turkey in: New Mexico
While hunting I carry: Old Shotgun or Bow ( thinking about carrying a slingshot. LOL ) and my two young Boys whenever possible.

Post by Shane » Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 pm

20140519_103414.jpg
20140519_082925.jpg
20140519_110204.jpg

Turkey Junkie
I mostly hunt turkey in: Wisconsin
While hunting I carry: Box call,Mouth calls and wet dry slate 835 mossberg and one of my sons.

Post by Turkey Junkie » Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 am

I was not able to seal the deal on my last two season for one reason or another. It Just was not going to be my year here in wisconsin. Not for lack of tring but it seemed every time i made a move on a bird he did the oposite thing i thought he would do. I have never been bust so much in one year then i was this year. I think this was the worst year I ever had and to top it off my wife even commented how bad a season I had. That really stung but great Job shane. I am glad you were able to make things happen.

Return to “13 - Bieber Fever”