10 gauge

What-cha-shoot'n
Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

10 gauge

Post by Toddmann » Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 pm

I have always wanted a Remington SP-10 & now I have one. I hunted with a guy back in the 90's @ PNWR who was a friend of a friend and he had one in original bottomland. I guess that gun has always been on my mind. Found one for sale and just so happens I had a rifle he wanted so we traded. It will probably be used more for duck & goose hunting but I wouldn't mind rolling a gobbler with this big thumper :D .
Attachments
20150502_154839-1.jpg

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Re: 10 gauge

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 pm

One of my farmers hunts with the same gun that you mentioned. Original bottomland. I hope you get a bird with it Todd.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

gut_pile
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Weatherby SA08 20ga, Buice Trumpet, Rut n Strut Calls

Post by gut_pile » Tue May 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Sweet gun. I have never shot one but handled one in cabelas in WV once. Couldn't believe how heavy that thing was. Congrats on your new gun.
Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

goblr77
While hunting I carry: A lot

Post by goblr77 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 pm

That's a beast.
Joshua 24:15

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 pm

gut_pile wrote:Sweet gun. I have never shot one but handled one in cabelas in WV once. Couldn't believe how heavy that thing was. Congrats on your new gun.
That gun has to be heavy or it would knock you into next week. Imagine what kind of distance and pattern it might throw with a load of TSS.

I had a 10 gauge side by side Zabala made in Spain that weighed 11 pounds. I was only foolish enough to pull both triggers at the same time once shooting at some geese. The trigger guard cut my knuckle, it spun me about half way around, and four geese fell out of the flock. That thing would kill on one end and cripple on the other. I sold it to a friend's brother who uses it bear hunting.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

sman
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Tue May 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Shot one twice. First was brutal, second wasn't bad. First was at a goose straight up. I went straight down.
What? What?

Denny

Post by Denny » Wed May 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Nice find! Hope to see some kill shots from it!

Return to “General Shooting Forum”